On this page:
We are eager to assist you with your technology questions and needs so please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Important: Stay up-to-date on COVID-19 information being provided by the university, as well as guidance from your school or unit.
Additional student resources:
Home Internet Access Options
If you need home internet access, the Lathrop Learning Hub Alert page has information.
Equipment Checkout and Home Internet Access Support
The Learning Hub is closed to the public until further notice. Equipment will be checked out to on-campus students by appointment only. We may be able to ship laptops and other equipment to off-campus students. Request equipment at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact the Tech Desk for assistance with the following:
- equipment loans
- troubleshooting borrowed equipment
- access to cluster software
- obtaining home internet access
Access to Software
Students can access a number of software applications through campus licensing and remote access:
- COVID-19 related software licensing
- Remote access to computer clusters
You will need to install and connect to Stanford VPN in order to access software on the cluster computers remotely. VPN is needed to connect to other services such as eJournals and departmental labs/resources.
- Apple is offering free 90-day trials of Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X.
For all other technology concerns including issues with internet access, please submit a help ticket at https://pts.stanford.edu
- Training and Workshops
- How to attend classes online using Zoom in Canvas
- Testing your Zoom connection on your own or with a live Peer Technology Specialist. Undergrads, contact your RCC first for assistance
- Canvas guides for students
- If you need help finding or accessing a particular course or have any questions/issues with Canvas, please submit a help request
Shopping for courses
Beginning Spring quarter, instructors using Canvas will have the option to open their Canvas web site up for shopping during the add/drop period. When browsing course syllabi at syllabus.stanford.edu, you will see a “Shop Course” link located below the course title if the course has a Canvas site that is open for shopping. Clicking that link will take you to the Canvas course. You will not be a member of the course, but will be able to see Home, Syllabus, Modules, Files, Pages, and Course Videos or Zoom (video conference meetings).